By D. Douglas Caulkins, Ann T. Jordan
The 1st accomplished consultant to anthropological experiences of complicated organizations• deals the 1st accomplished connection with the anthropological learn of complicated organizations
• info how organizational idea and learn in enterprise has followed anthropology’s key proposal of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
• Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic techniques to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
• Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of firm firms and of non-governmental corporations operating within the globalizing economy
• issues coated comprise organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive types and group development, organizational dysfunctions, international networked agencies, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
• offers a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sphere of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sector within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read Online or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar culture books
Within the daily Language of White Racism, Jane H. Hill presents an incisive research of daily language to bare the underlying racist stereotypes that proceed to circulation in American tradition. * presents an in depth history at the conception of race and racism
* finds how racializing discourse—talk and textual content that produces and reproduces rules approximately races and assigns humans to them—facilitates a victim-blaming good judgment
* integrates a large and interdisciplinary diversity of literature from sociology, social psychology, justice reviews, severe felony experiences, philosophy, literature, and different disciplines that experience studied racism, in addition to fabric from anthropology and sociolinguistics
* a part of the Blackwell reviews in Discourse and tradition sequence
Philosopher on degree is Peter Sloterdijk’s audacious, empathetic interpreting of Friedrich Nietzsche’s first released paintings, The start of Tragedy out of the Spirit of tune. meant initially as a postscript to a brand new variation of Nietzsche’s publication, Sloterdijk’s textual content grew and have become a ebook in its personal correct.
Society and tradition reclaims the classical background, offers a clear-eyed overview of the promise of sociology within the twenty first century and asks even if the `cultural flip' has made the examine of society redundant. Sociologists have objected to the increase of cultural stories in view that it produces cultural relativism and lacks a reliable learn time table.
Hofstede brought a tradition paradigm that has been greatly influential in overseas business. However, its relevance in mild of culture's expanding complexity because of globalization has been questioned. Alternative tradition frameworks and views are offered by prime students in worldwide advertising and administration.
- Culture and Adult Education: A Study of Alberta and Quebec
- Culture Shock! Chile: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette
- Politics, Philosophy, Culture: Interviews and Other Writings (1977-1984)
- Animal Cell Culture (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 5)
Additional info for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
2008a). Enhancing organizational change and improvement prospects: lessons from an HIV testing intervention for veterans. Human Organization, 67 (4), 443–454. L. (2008b). Behind the scenes in health care improvement: the complex structures and emergent strategies of implementation science. Social Science and Medicine, 67 (10), 1530–1540. H. (1972). Theory of Culture Change: The Methodology of Multilinear Evolution. Chicago, IL: University of Illinois Press. L. M. (2007). Doing Anthropology in Consumer Research.
American Anthropologist, 88, 313–338. , and Nerad, M. (2008). Social science PhDs ﬁve+ years out. In E. Rudd, E. Morrison, J. Picciano, and M. ), Center for Innovation and Research in Graduate Education 5. Seattle, WA: University of Washington, College of Education, pp. 1–31. Sachs, P. ), (1989). Anthropological approaches to organizational culture (theme issue). Anthropology of Work Review, 10 (3). Schuller, M. (2009). Gluing globalization: NGOs as intermediaries in Haiti. PoLAR: Political and Legal Anthropology Review, 32 (1), 84–104.
P. (1997). Whatever happened to organizational anthropology? A review of the ﬁeld of organizational ethnography and anthropological studies. Human Relations, 50 (9), 1147–1175. Ben-Ari, E. and El-Ron, E. (2002). Blue helmets and white armor: multi-nationalism and multi-culturalism among UN peacekeeping forces. City and Society, 13 (2), 271–302. Bennett, L. et al. (2006). Final Report: Practicing Advisory Work Group (PAWG). Arlington, VA: American Anthropological Association. Beyerstein, L. (2007).
A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by D. Douglas Caulkins, Ann T. Jordan